Happy New Year everyone! I know that I posted this a little late in the day and I do apologize for that! Today, I wanted to reflect on 2017 as a whole, in addition to, talking about some of the exciting things that I have in store for this year. I believe that in order to better ourselves and our businesses, we need to reflect on the past. Each year has its’ successes and failures and we need to evaluate these events to successfully move forward. I am going to share with you some of my biggest accomplishments, in addition to, items that need improvement. Also, I want to highlight some exciting things that I have planned for 2018! Andiamo- let’s go!
2017 has been one heck of a year for me! Let me back up a minute– I started this blogging journey almost 2 years ago today on a complete whim. And I will be honest with you and say that I had no clue what I was doing. Sometimes, I still feel like I don’t know what I am doing-haha! The beginning stages of this blog were a hot mess and I’m not going to sugarcoat that. After a LOT of mistakes, I finally figured this whole blogging thing out. Thank goodness! Don’t get me wrong, I am still learning every day but I have developed my own rhythm making things easier.
This past year has been a challenging one for me in terms of organization and being efficient with my time. Selling on Poshmark and running this blog are not my sole sources of income. Believe it or not but I do work a full-time job in addition to everything else that I do. In 2018, I really want to focus on using my time more efficiently so that I can move closer to my goal of going full-time with this business. I know that 2018 is going to be a VERY challenging year for me but I know that in the end it will be worth it.
In addition to some of the challenges that I have faced this year, I did have some amazing opportunities come my way. On the blog, I noticed a significant increase in my blog traffic over this past year which is awesome! Also, I have gained some amazing new Instagram, Poshmark, and email subscribers. And that is more than I could ever ask for! In addition, I have had the opportunity to collaborate with some new companies and create exciting content. 2017 has been one heck of a year and I am SO excited to see what is 2018 has in store for us all!
Here are some of the exciting things that I have planned for this upcoming year:
On the Blog…
1. Update Email– This year, I am looking to update my email. I will be adding new graphics, updates, and make it more user friendly!
2. Consistent Posting- Last year, I tried really, really hard to stick to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule but that wasn’t always realistic. I am making it my mission to plan ahead and stick to my schedule. Note: I do apologize for posting this so late in the day. Probably not the best way to start off the year…
3. Post More Content on Thrifting and Poshmark– After looking through my analytics for this past year, I noticed that most of you are visiting my blog because you share my love of fashion, thrifting, and Poshmark. I know that you guys love my thrift hauls so I will be posting one every month. Also, I will continue to post 1-2 posts a week on Poshmark related topics. In addition, I do collaborate with a local thrift store and I hope to share with you guys more on that in this coming year as well!
1. Make More Sales- 2017 was an experimental year for me in terms of Poshmark. It was the first year that I experimented with inventory, brands, and sales. Although I have been on Poshmark for 4 years now, this year was the first year that I took it seriously. Now, I know who my followers are and what they want; I know what brands sell for me and how much to price them at; I know what is realistic for me in terms of how much inventory is manageable at one time. This year, I have yearly, monthly, and weekly goals in hopes of making more sales.
2. Be a More Active Posher- Since I am so busy, it is very difficult for me to find the time to be an active Poshmark user. Yes, I am an active user in that I list items weekly and share items daily. However, I still feel as though there is more that I can do to contribute to the Poshmark community. I stumbled across another fellow Posher and she had an awesome system for sharing items on Poshmark. I plan on following her system to see if it will be beneficial to me and my business.
Again, these are just some of the amazing things that I have in store for this upcoming year. Be sure to keep checking back for all of the exciting updates headed to the Recycled Roses community!
HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!/ BUON ANNO AMICI!
Be Classy, Be Confident, Be Strong